Research Review

 

From the very start of this class, I decided to choose an island that seemed unique to me. From the beginning, I've stated many times that I had no idea what islands/countries were in the Caribbean. When the word came into my mind, I immediately thought of cruises, islands, hula skirts, and a lot of seafood. When the time came to pick an island, I choose one that felt right, one that was unknown to many, and unique. I don't remember why I choose Curacao, but the colors of its flag, name, and location piqued my interest. To this day, I have no regret choosing this island. I have learned many things, such as their history, diverse culture, carnival, the Seú festival, the meaning of their flag, and much more!

Something that seemed challenging to me was finding information on Curacao! Since it is not as popular as other Caribbean islands, I feel as though they do not get written about as often as others. It's something that frustrated me but has given me determination. I tried to find as much information about them as possible but what I did find was very helpful! While many of them did not go into detail, I learned to rephrase google searches to find the right response and add to what I had already learned. During this process, I did feel upset about the fact that many never speak about Curacao. When people think of ideal locations, they think of places such as the Bahamas, or the DR, which by all means, sounds fun, but no one goes outside the box. Even me! I feel as though we all could take time to do a bit of research on other countries, and give them the attention they need! 

As for my research, I want to convince readers why Curacao is worth learning about! I will inform them of their historical background, location benefits, and various activities they offer on the island! While I did want to add more information, these three topics will catch the audience's attention more and give me the outcome I am looking for, the recognition Curacao deserves!


Comments

  1. Its a great idea to shine a light on the smaller islands that often get overshadowed by the more popular islands. Honestly I had only heard of curacao before because of the liqueur that's often used in baking Your thesis seems like a great idea, convince readers that they want to know more about Curacao

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overview of Curaçao

History of Curaçao